By Fifi Rodriguez
1. GEOGRAPHY: What U.S. state does the Kennebec River flow through?
2. FAMOUS QUOTATIONS: Who once said, “There’s no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you”?
3. MOVIES: In which movie was the following line uttered and by which character? “Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.”
4. ANATOMY: What human gland produces growth hormones?
5. MUSIC: In musical notation, what does the direction “mezzo” mean?
6. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: Of the seven deadly sins, which one is missing from this list — avarice, envy, gluttony, lust, sloth and wrath?
7. ENTERTAINERS: What was comedian Jackie Gleason’s famous parting line?
8. LANGUAGE: How would you describe someone who is “garrulous”?
9. TELEVISION: Cult favorite “Twin Peaks” was set and filmed in which U.S. state?
10. TRANSPORTATION: Where might you ride a “vaporetto”?
2. Will Rogers
3. “Animal House” (Dean Wormer)
5. Middle or moderate
7. “And away we go …”
8. Talkative or chatty
10. Venice, Italy. A vaporetto is a motorboat used for transport in the canals.
© 2008 King Features Synd., Inc.