By Fifi Rodriguez
1. TELEVISION: In “Gilmore Girls,” what was the name of the inn?
2. LANGUAGE: Who would rule in a kleptocracy?
3. MEDICAL: What does the acronym stand for in the term “CAT scan”?
4. MUSIC: Who sang the theme song to “The Beverly Hillbillies”?
5. GEOGRAPHY: The island of Mauritius is located in which body of water?
6. HISTORY: Which U.S. state was the last to secede in the Civil War and the first to be readmitted to the union?
7. PHOBIAS: What is the name of the phobia in which you fear peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth?
8. FOOD & DRINK: What is hardtack?
9. ANIMAL KINGDOM: What kind of creature was the now-extinct quagga?
10. CHEMISTRY: What is the more common name for sodium bicarbonate?
1. Dragonfly Inn
2. Those who make flagrantly dishonest use of official positions for personal gain
3. Computerized Axial Tomography
4. Jerry Scoggins, backed by musicians Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs.
5. Indian Ocean
8. A saltless, hard biscuit
9. Half zebra, half horse
10. Baking soda
2009 King Features Synd., Inc.