TAYLOR— The Taylor Governmental Managers and Administrative Employees Association again will present annual scholarships to two deserving high school graduates who are city residents.
Applications are available now at the Truman and Kennedy high schools’ counseling offices and the Mayor’s Office on the second floor of City Hall, 23555 Goddard Road.
Guidelines for the scholarship include:
• Graduating senior.
• City residency.
• Grade point average.
• Extracurricular activities.
• Career goal: public service.
• Children of city elected officials are not eligible.
• Letter of reference and essay.
• Limited to the first 50 applicants.
• Scholarship will be awarded at the July 16 City Council meeting.
• Scholarship will be distributed upon proof of college enrollment.
• Personal interview may be required.
All parts of the application must be received no later than 5 p.m. May 22 at City Hall and made to the
attention of Megan Etue.
In 2003, members of the (TGM & AEA) voted to demonstrate their community pride by using their own funds to form the scholarship program. Two $750 scholarships are awarded annually, to Taylor residents. A committee was formed of TGM & AEA members who review the applications and make recommendations to the executive board.
TGM & AEA is composed of city department heads, directors, managers and administrative employees. Members expressed a great feeling of satisfaction in giving to this program and are planning other community service efforts that will become annual events.