By Fifi Rodriguez
1. MOVIES: “The Sound of Music” features how many von Trapp children?
2. MUSIC: Which 1970s band released the hit “Smoke on the Water”?
3. PRESIDENTS: Who was the first U.S. president to be photographed?
4. ANIMAL KINGDOM: What kind of creature would belong in the order Chelonia?
5. GEOGRAPHY: The island of Grenada is closest to the coast of which South American country?
6. TELEVISION: Who was the longtime host of “Soul Train”?
7. HISTORY: What was an oast house used for?
8. LITERATURE: What was Ernest Hemingway’s first novel?
9. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: To which British queen was the Koh-i-noor diamond given?
10. GAMES: What card game is the older game of whist most akin to?
2. Deep Purple
3. John Quincy Adams
4. Turtles, terrapins and tortoises
6. Don Cornelius
7. Drying hops used in making beer and ale
8. “The Sun Also Rises” (1926)
9. Queen Victoria
© 2009 King Features Synd., Inc.