By Fifi Rodriguez
1. GEOGRAPHY: What two bodies of water does the Strait of Hormuz link?
2. GEOLOGY: What kind of land form is described as a flat-topped hill with steep sides?
3. LITERATURE: The term Bildungsroman is used to describe what kind of novel?
4. SPORTS: What is the lightest weight classification in boxing?
5. AD SLOGANS: What company introduced the slogan, “We answer to a higher authority”?
6. TELEVISION: What phrase was on the UFO poster in Agent Mulder’s office in “The X-Files”?
7. MOVIES: In which movie was the following line uttered, “Take a chance. Hire the smart, fat girl”?
8. LANGUAGE: “Jarhead” is slang for what kind of military personnel?
9. MUSIC: What kind of musical instrument is a sitar?
10. MEDICINE: What would a patient with “ankylosis” be suffering from?
1. Persian Gulf and Gulf of Oman
2. A butte
3. A novel that deals with the growth of the main character
4. Straw weight (maximum 105 pounds)
5. Hebrew National
6. I Want to Believe
7. “The Devil Wears Prada”
8. A U.S. Marine
9. Indian lute
10. A stiff joint
© 2009 King Features Synd., Inc.