DEARBORN – The newest edition of the program “Meet Your Council” is airing now on CDTV, the city’s government cable television channel.
CDTV is on Channels 12 and 915 on Comcast and on Channel 10 on WOW!
“Meet Your Council” airs at 1, 5 and 9 a.m. and 1, 5 and 9 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday; 2, 6 and 10 a.m. and 2, 6 and 10 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday; and 3, 7 and 11 a.m. and 3, 7 and 11 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Like many CDTV programs, “Meet Your Council” can be viewed online anytime at www.cityofdearborn.org/departments/publicinfo/videos.shtml. The new edition features:
• City Council President Thomas Tafelski introduces the new “family friendly” atmosphere at Veterans of Foreign Wars Lt. Archie Kelly Post 2107. Cmdr. Joe Terry talks about the no-smoking policy, new menu and renewed purpose for the hall.
• Council President Pro Tem Nancy Hubbard explores the Fairlane Club with Christine Bane. The sales and marketing director welcomes members and visitors with history, great facilities, new programs and special pricing.
• Councilman Douglas Thomas meets Ken Vlahadamis, the owner of the new Leo’s Coney Island. Vlahadamis says his restaurant offers a great product, friendly service and commitment to the city.
• Councilwoman Suzanne Sareini concludes her two-part series with Dr. Eric Silberg. Knee replacement surgery at Michigan Orthopedic Specialists is the topic.
• Councilman Robert Abraham tours the newly renovated Morley Manor, the high-rise at Ford Field for active seniors. Joining him are the manor’s Board of Directors, its president, John Adams, and Recording Secretary Carol Schwartz. • Councilman George Darany wraps up the program at the Dearborn Animal Shelter, where staffers say the much-publicized news story of rescued Chihuahuas continues to touch hearts. Spokeswoman Sandy Boulton talks about the story’s impact on the shelter team.