TAYLOR – Mayor Jeffrey Lamarand’s next session of Coffee with the Mayor is scheduled for 6 p.m. Tuesday at LaMarina Cafe & Grill, 22395 Goddard Road.
The gathering is part of a series of monthly meetings between Lamarand and constituents. Taylor residents are invited to an informal setting to learn more about the mayor’s plans, ask questions and express concerns.Each session will take place in the early evening hours of the second Tuesday of each month at coffee houses, Coney Islands and other restaurants throughout the city.
The business establishments have agreed to provide free coffee; some may provide appetizers or snacks. Space may be limited. Each of the first two sessions of Coffee with the Mayor – Jan. 12 at Cozy Corner Cafe and Grill and Feb. 9 at Original Philip’s Restaurant – drew packed houses.
The schedule from next month through October is as follows:
● April 13 – Isis Coney Island, 26866 Eureka Road.
● May 11 – Little Daddy’s, 22250 Eureka.
● June 8 – Leon’s Family Dining, 8787 Telegraph Road.
● July 13 – Las Huastecas Mexican Restaurant, 9411 Telegraph.
● August 10 – Flamingo Restaurant, 22201 Ecorse Road.
● September 14 – Taylor’s Kitchen, 7874 Telegraph.
● October 12 – LaHacienda, 20355 Van Born Road.
Start time for all sessions is 6 p.m.
Lamarand said his goal is to take the meetings to the residents instead of the residents having to visit the Mayor’s Office. He said the meetings make it easier for residents to share their concerns while promoting local businesses.
For more information call the Mayor’s Office at (734) 374-1450.