By Fifi Rodriguez
1. GEOGRAPHY: What two nations lie directly north of the Gulf of Oman?
2. U.S. STATES: Which state’s name is Spanish for “snow clad”?
3. MOVIES: What was the name of the Volkswagen made famous in “The Love Bug”?
4. FAMOUS PEOPLE: What abolitionist was the first black woman to win a court case against a white man for illegally selling her son as a slave?
5. LITERATURE: In what book did the characters Tweedledum and Tweedledee first appear?
6. LANGUAGE: What’s another word for a plebiscite?
7. HISTORY: How much did the United States pay Russia for the Alaskan territory in 1867?
8. MUSIC: Who wrote “The Theme from Shaft”?
9. GAMES: Which chess piece looks like a castle tower?
10. U.S. PRESIDENTS: What was Harry Truman’s home state?
1. Iran and Pakistan
4. Sojourner Truth
5. “Through the Looking-Glass”
7. $7.2 million
8. Isaac Hayes
(c) 2011 King Features Synd., Inc.