By Fifi Rodriguez
1. GEOGRAPHY: What is an older name for the country of Ethiopia?
2. BUSINESS: Who founded a company called De Beers Consolidated Mines?
3. HISTORY: For what crimes was Socrates executed?
4. LITERATURE: What did Madame Bovary’s husband do for a living?
5. ANATOMY: Where are the conjunctiva located in the human body?
6. GOVERNMENT: Which of the original 13 colonies did not attend the Constitutional Convention of 1787?
7. SCIENCE: What common alloy is made up entirely of copper and zinc?
8. FAMOUS QUOTATIONS: To which U.S. president is the following quote often attributed: “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt”?
9. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: Who coined the term “muckrakers” for crusading journalists and other writers?
10. POETRY: How old was the Romantic poet John Keats when he died?
2. Cecil Rhodes
3. Corrupting the youth and impiety
6. Rhode Island
8. Abraham Lincoln
9. Theodore Roosevelt
© 2011 King Features Synd., Inc.