By Fifi Rodriguez
1. MATH: What is the Roman numeral for the Arabic number 400?
2. PERFORMANCES: At what event would someone perform a maneuver called the veronica?
3. EXPLORATION: What was the sextant once used for?
4. MUSIC: What does the musical term “con bravura” mean?
5. LANGUAGE: In Arabic, what is the country of Morocco called?
6. INVENTIONS: What common drug was introduced to the world by Felix Hoffmann?
7. MEASUREMENTS: What is the basic unit of temperature?
8. MOVIES: What did the dwarfs do for a living in Disney’s “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”?
9. GEOGRAPHY: Which nation has a major wine-producing region called Adelaide Hills?
10. LITERATURE: What was the pen name of writer Mary Ann Evans?
4. With boldness
10. George Eliot
© 2011 King Features Synd., Inc.