By Fifi Rodriguez
1. HISTORY: Whom did William the Conqueror defeat at the Battle of Hastings?
2. LITERATURE: What was William Faulkner’s native state and the setting for his novels?
3. COMMON KNOWLEDGE: What does the Geneva cross symbolize?
4. ANATOMY: What is another name for totipalmate feet?
5. GAMES: What game piece in chess looks like a castle tower?
6. LANGUAGE: What is meaning of “E pluribis unum”?
7. POETRY: Who wrote the words, “God’s in his heaven/ All’s right with the world”?
8. ART: For what type of work was the 16th century artist Titian best known?
9. GEOGRAPHY: Where is Mount Vesuvius?
10. MEDICINE: What is an analgesic drug designed to do?
1. England’s King Harold
6. Out of many, one
7. Robert Browning
10. Relieve pain
© 2011 King Features Synd., Inc.