By Fifi Rodriguez
1. U.S. PRESIDENTS: Who is the only person to have served as president and later as chief justice of the United States?
2. GEOGRAPHY: In what city would one find the 11th century St. Mark’s Basilica?
3. SOCIAL SCIENCE: The ruler of a theocracy derives power from what source?
4. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: Which U.S. president popularized the term
“muckrakers” for investigative journalists?
5. LITERATURE: Who wrote the novel “Cat’s Cradle”?
6. HISTORY: Osceola was a leader in which Native American tribe?
7. FOOD & DRINK: What is the common name for “prunus persica”?
8. BUSINESS: What business made John Davison Rockefeller a wealthy man?
9. MATH: What is the Arabic equivalent of the Roman numeral MMD?
10. LANGUAGE: What is the meaning of the Latin prefix “ambi”?
1. William Howard Taft
2. Venice, Italy
4. Theodore Roosevelt
5. Kurt Vonnegut
10. On both sides
(c) 2011King Features Synd., Inc.