by Fifi Rodriguez
1. GEOGRAPHY: What U.S. state lies directly south of South Dakota?
2. HISTORY: Which World War II battle was fought entirely by air?
3. FAMOUS PEOPLE: Martha Jane Burke was better known by what name?
4. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: Who was known as the Maid of Orleans?
5. LITERATURE: Who wrote the book “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz”?
6. LANGUAGE: What is something that is mordant?
7. RELIGION: Who was the first canonized saint of the New World?
8. TELEVISION: Who is the voice of Moe in the animated comedy “The Simpsons”?
9. GEOLOGY: What is coal made of originally?
10. POETRY: Who wrote the line, “But only God can make a tree.”
2. Battle of Britain
3. Calamity Jane
4. Joan of Arc
5. L. Frank Baum
7. Rose of Lima
8. Hank Azaria
9. Coal is formed from the remains of trees and plants
10. Joyce Kilmer
© 2011 King Features Synd., Inc.