Founded in 1950 by the Felician Sisters, Livonia Ladywood High School is an all-girl, Catholic college-preparatory school devoted to educating and nurturing young ladies to become strong, confident, community-oriented women.
Ladywood has an enrollment of approximately 320 students in grades 9 to 12, a student/teacher ratio of 11-1, and an average class size between 15 to 25 students. Ladywood enrolls young women from 35 communities and six counties within the metropolitan Detroit area. Coming from a magnitude of different backgrounds the student body represents the cultural and socio-economic diversity of the society in which they are being raised.
Ladywood has been recognized as a national leader for excellence in education and by the ACT Education Division for exceeding performance scores nationally. Our graduates are very successful, with 100 percent attending colleges and universities, receiving more than $4.1 million in scholarships.
Our new partnership with the Livonia Career Technical Center allows students in grades 11 to 12 the opportunity to build their technical skills in a specific career pathway. Locally, we are enhancing our partnerships within our own Felician Complex for our students to volunteer in a variety of areas.
Students, in the Felician/Franciscan tradition, perform numerous and varied Christian and community service hours not for the credit but because it is the right thing to do.
Ladywood has excellent co-curricular programs offering many clubs, outstanding art, music, drama and human ecology programs, and an athletic program second to none. The academic, athletic, service, social, and co-curricular programs enable students to become well-rounded individuals, making a difference in society.
Come and see why Ladywood holds the key to your future. The school is at 14680 Newburgh Road.