Here is a spotlight on some of the renowned UT programs that feature fantastic learning opportunities.
Scholarships for Michigan High School Students: 3.0 GPA and above:
• Helps with the out-of-state surcharge, making UT as affordable as most Michigan schools.
• Offered for all at The University of Toledo, only about an hour away.
Health-care: medicine, nursing, occupational therapy, pharmacy and physical therapy.
• Students can practice their lessons on the SIM Center’s artificial patients and get real-world experience in the UT Medical Center clinics and offices.
• UT’s health-care program graduates go on to succeed: many programs have a 100 percent placement rate and licensure exam passage rates of above 90 percent.
Engineering: an array of undergrad offerings, with the graduate programs ranked in the top 20 in the country by The Princeton Review.
• Students learn in a 40-acre, multi-building complex with labs and computer facilities ranked among the best in the state.
• Undergrad students complete co-ops to gain real-world experience, and they devise innovative solutions for real, industrial problems in the senior design clinic.
Business: undergrad and graduate degrees, including the country’s top-ranked sales program
• Students learn in the high-tech environment of the new Savage & Associates Complex for Business Learning and Engagement and the John B. and Lillian Neff Stock Trading Room, one of only 30 facilities in the county.
• More than 80 percent of business students complete internships, giving them resume-building experience before graduation.
Visual and Performing Arts: film/video, music, theater, visual arts
• Students learn and practice in the newly renovated Center for Performing Arts, using its rehearsal spaces, theaters, screening rooms, editing bays, a scene and costume shop, and more.
• UT also has a unique learning facility: the Center for the Visual Arts, a Frank Gehry-designed building connected to the world-renowned Toledo Museum of Art.
To learn more about these and other programs at UT, go to utoledo.edu/admission or attend Fall Campus Preview Days on Oct. 28 and Nov. 5.