By Fifi Rodriguez
1. MUSIC: What artist is the subject of a 1970s Don McLean song that begins, “Starry, starry night”?
2. HISTORY: When and where did the first African slaves arrive in America?
3. ANIMATION: What was the name of the craggy peak overlooking Whoville in “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”?
4. MEASUREMENTS: What is absolute zero measured in Celsius?
5. MOVIES: What was the home planet of the “Transformers” alien robots (2007) who came to Earth?
6. ANIMAL KINGDOM: What is a baby horse called?
7. U.S. PRESIDENTS: Which U.S. president proposed the Great Society?
8. LITERATURE: Who wrote “The Canterbury Tales” in the late 14th century?
9. MEDICAL: What is the tine test used to diagnose?
10. SCIENCE: What elements were discovered by Pierre and Marie Curie?
1. Vincent Van Gogh
2. 1619 (Jamestown, Virginia)
3. Mount Crumpit
4. -273 degrees
6. A foal
7. Lyndon Johnson
8. Geoffrey Chaucer
10. Polonium and radium
© 2011 King Features Synd., Inc.