By Fifi Rodriguez
1. LANGUAGE: What is the meaning of the Latin phrase “novus ordo seclorum,” located on the Great Seal on a U.S. $1 bill?
2. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: What is the name for a seashell collector or expert?
3. ART: What Mexican muralist was married to Mexican painter Frida Kahlo?
4. COMICS: What was the name of Casper the Friendly Ghost’s horse?
5. SPORTS: Where did the sport of jai alai originate?
6. GEOGRAPHY: Where is Death Valley located?
7. TELEVISION: Which PBS documentary series featured the song “Ashokan Farewell” as its theme music?
8. MEDICINE: What is the brand name for the sedative diazepam?
9. LITERATURE: Who was the first to receive the Nobel Prize in Literature (1901)?
10. ENTERTAINERS: What was the stage name of the actor who was born “Laszlo Lowenstein”?
1. A new order of the ages
3. Diego Rivera
5. Spain’s Basque region
6. Southern California
7. “The Civil War” by Ken Burns
9. French poet Sully Prudhomme
10. Peter Lorre
© 2012 King Features Synd., Inc.