DEARBORN — America’s favorite No. 1 engine, Thomas the Tank Engine, is set to roll into Greenfield Village for the Day Out with Thomas: Mystery On The Rails Tour 2012.
All little engineers and their families are invited to take a ride on Thomas and participate in Thomas-themed activities. The event takes place April 28 and 29, and May 5, 6, 12 and 13.
For 67 years, children have been captivated by the adventures of Thomas and his engine friends. Day Out With Thomas is the only place for families to take a ride with a 15-ton replica of Thomas, and enjoy Thomas-themed activities at the Imagination Station, including stamps, temporary tattoos and hands-on arts and crafts. Each year the tour grows, traveling to new destinations, adding new activities and welcoming new visitors.
During Day Out With Thomas, children can ride with Thomas against scenic backdrops while discovering some mysterious surprises.
• A 25-minute ride with Thomas the Tank Engine.
• Games and activities featuring a mystery element.
• The opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway
• A Thomas & Friends Imagination Station; featuring stamps temporary tattoos, hands-on arts and crafts, train tables and coloring sheets
• Commemorative activities, merchandise and giveaways including a special reveal poster previewing new engines and a new destination from the upcoming 2012 Thomas & Friends feature, “Blue Mountain Mystery.”
• Storytelling, video viewing and live music.
The tour provides an interactive family experience at every stop along the North American tour, offering a variety of activities that reflect the local flavor of each stop. At Greenfield Village the activities will include: Pedal cars, bubbles, playground games, Duck-Duck-Goose, Hot Potato, sidewalk chalk as well as hands-on trains.
The approximately 25-minute train ride with Thomas will depart every 45 minutes, rain or shine, with departure times from 9:30 a.m. through 5 p.m. each day of the event.
Event tickets for members are $11.75 per person, age 1 year and older and includes free admission to Greenfield Village. Non-member ticket prices include admission to Greenfield Village and train ride. For non-member, children 1-4 years is $11.75, youth age 5 to 12 is $29.25, adults age 13 to 61 is $35.75 and seniors age 62 and up is $33.75.
Tickets can be obtained by calling The Henry Ford at 313-982-6001 or going to www.thehenryford.org.
For more information on the event, go to www.thomasandfriends.com/dowt.