1. MYTHOLOGY: What creatures are combined to form the mythical creature called a centaur?
2. LANGUAGE: What kind of website is named for the Hawaiian word for “quick”?
3. ETIQUETTE: What is the traditional type of gift given on fifth wedding anniversaries?
4. PERSONALITIES: Who was the prince who married actress Rita Hayworth in 1949?
5. RELIGION: Who is the patron saint of sailors?
6. MUSIC: What does the musical direction “sostenuto” mean?
7. TELEVISION: What is the name of the mayor on “The Simpsons”?
8. INVENTIONS: Who invented the artificial heart?
9. LITERATURE: Who wrote “The Armies of the Night,” a nonfiction book about Vietnam protests?
10. ART: Who created the “Vitruvian Man” illustration?
1. A human being and a horse
4. Prince Aly Khan
5. St. Brendan
7. Mayor Joe Quimby
8. Robert Jarvik
9. Norman Mailer
10. Leonardo da Vinci
© 2012 King Features Synd., Inc.