1. LANGUAGE: What does the Greek prefix “crypto” mean?
2. MEASUREMENTS: If the outside temperature is 10 degrees on the Celsius scale, what temperature is it on the Fahrenheit scale?
3. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: The Julian calendar was named for whom?
4. ASTRONOMY: What is perihelion?
5. CHEMISTRY: What is the symbol for the element magnesium?
6. LAW: Legally speaking, what does a testament do?
7. GEOGRAPHY: What modern-day country is in an area known in ancient times as Lusitania?
8. MEDICINE: What disease is caused by deficiency of vitamin A?
9. LITERATURE: Who wrote the novel “The Swiss Family Robinson”?
10. MATH: What does the symbol “r” stand for in geometry?
2. 50 degrees F
3. Julius Caesar
4. Point in orbit where an object is closest to the Sun
6. Indicates how a person’s personal property should be distributed
8. Night blindness
9. Johann David Wyss
10. Radius of a circle
© 2012 King Features Synd., Inc.