1. LANGUAGE: What is the meaning of the Latin prefix “demi”?
2. HISTORY: Who wrote the political book “The Prince” during the Renaissance?
3. ASTRONOMY: What phase of the moon is opposite of crescent?
4. LITERATURE: What was the real name of the author who assumed the pen name of George Orwell?
5. ART: What are the three primary colors?
6. MUSIC: What is indicated by the musical notation “estinto”?
7. GEOGRAPHY: What state lies directly east of Utah?
8. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: What is the traditional birthstone for June?
9. MEASUREMENTS: The watt, a unit of electrical power, was named for what famous inventor?
10. ETIQUETTE: Properly speaking, who should host a wedding shower for a bride?
2. Niccolo Machiavelli
4. Eric Arthur Blair
5. Red, yellow and blue
6. So soft that it can hardly be heard
9. James Watt
10. A friend of the bride
© 2012 King Features Synd., Inc.