1. PERSONALITIES: Who wrote the 1960s book “Unsafe at Any Speed,” which detailed safety shortcomings in the auto industry?
2. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: What color is lapis lazuli?
3. GEOGRAPHY: The Falkland Islands lie off the coast of which continent?
4. HOBBIES: What does a spelunker do?
5. U.S. STATES: What is the official nickname of the state of Illinois?
6. LANGUAGE: What does the Latin term “ipso facto” mean?
7. ART: What is chiaroscuro?
8. CARTOONS: What is the name of Porky Pig’s girlfriend?
9. SCIENCE: What kind of gases are neon and helium?
10. MOVIES: Which three comedians starred in the film comedy “¡Three Amigos!”
1. Ralph Nader
3. South America
4. Explore caves
5. Land of Lincoln
6. By the fact itself
7. Use of light and shadow in artwork
9. Noble gases
10. Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Short
© 2013 King Features Synd., Inc.