1. GEOGRAPHY: What country lies northwest of Colombia?
2. FOOD & DRINK: What kind of food is fusilli?
3. POLITICS: How many popular votes separated Richard Nixon and John F. Kennedy in the 1960 presidential election?
4. LITERATURE: What 19th-century novel starts with the line, “There was no possibility of taking a walk that day”?
5. TELEVISION: On “Bonanza,” what was the name of the character played by Michael Landon?
6. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: What was the popular name of the Scottish outlaw Robert MacGregor?
7. MEDICINE: What is the function of the chemical substance called heparin?
8. PERSONALITIES: Who is the chef on the “Barefoot Contessa” cooking show?
9. BUSINESS: Which merchant used the five-and-dime-store concept to create one of the largest retail chains in the world?
10. GAMES: What is the standard weight of a shot put used by men in competition?
3. Just more than 100,000
4. “Jane Eyre,” by Charlotte Bronte
5. Little Joe
6. Rob Roy
7. Prevents blood clotting
8. Ina Garten
9. F.W. Woolworth
10. 16 pounds
(c) 2013 King Features Synd., Inc.