2. GEOGRAPHY: Which Central American country has coastline only on the Pacific side?
3. GAMES: How many players are on a volleyball team?
4. U.S. PRESIDENTS: Which president eventually courted and married a woman who was briefly his schoolteacher?
5. HISTORY: What was the name of the system of racial segregation used in South Africa in the second half of the 20th century?
6. MYTHOLOGY: Which Greek heroine refused to marry any man who could not beat her in a foot race?
7. ANCIENT WORLD: What field of study was Euclid known for?
8. MUSIC: What is a hurdy-gurdy?
9. FIRSTS: Who was the first (and only) woman to win the Medal of Honor?
10. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: Why is a catamaran different from other boats?
1. James Thurber
2. El Salvador
4. Millard Fillmore. Millard and Abigail Fillmore were only a couple of years apart in age.
7. Mathematics, specifically geometry
8. A hand-cranked string instrument
9. Dr. Mary Edwards Walker, for her medical work during the Civil War
10. It has two hulls
© 2013 King Features Synd., Inc.