1. TELEVISION: What was the name of the estate in the gothic soap opera “Dark Shadows”?
2. ANIMAL KINGDOM: How many eyes does a bee have?
3. ENTERTAINMENT: Which actress was married to Mickey Rooney, Artie Shaw and Frank Sinatra?
4. INVENTIONS: When was the first coin-operated pinball machine invented?
5. U.S. PRESIDENTS: Who was the first president to be born an American citizen?
6. QUOTATIONS: Who said, “It’s not that I’m afraid to die. I just don’t want to be there when it happens.”
7. U.S. STATES: What does the name of Hawaii’s capital, Honolulu, mean?
8. LITERATURE: Which one of Shakespeare’s plays contains the line, “The course of true love never did run smooth.”
9. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: What was the name of cowboy actor Roy Rogers’ dog?
10. FOOD & DRINK: What is a gherkin?
2. Five — two compound eyes and three simple eyes
3. Ava Gardner
5. Martin Van Buren
6. Woody Allen
7. Sheltered bay
8. “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”
10. A type of pickled cucumber
© 2013 King Features Synd., Inc.