Dearborn police increase patrols in shopping districts, neighborhoods
Dearborn police announced increased police patrols in shopping districts and neighborhoods. Police will also focus on traffic enforcement throughout the city.
In an effort to reduce summer criminal activity and reduce traffic crashes the Dearborn Police Department will conduct proactive police patrols in areas that are common to traffic violations and criminal activity. All available officers will be used for this operation, which began June 23.
The department said residents should use the Suspicious Activity Phone Line, which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is directly linked to the Police Dispatch Center.
Residents can remain anonymous when calling.
Report any suspicious people or cars in your neighborhood to the police. Examples of suspicious activity include:
• Vehicles that do not belong in the area.
• Vehicles that are observed circling the area.
• People on foot who are not familiar to you.
• People who are observed looking into vehicles or attempting to open vehicles.
Dearborn residents may report all suspicious activity anonymously by calling 313-943-3030.
Notify your friends, family and neighbors of these crime prevention tips and urge them to sign up for Nixle alerts by going to www.nixle.com.
Larcenies from vehicles reported
The Dearborn Police Department has received reports of items being stolen from parked vehicles. Residents are asked to take steps to avoid becoming a victim of this crime of opportunity.
Department officials said residents should:
• Remember to keep your vehicle locked and windows rolled up even if the vehicle is parked in your driveway or in front of your home.
• Park your vehicle in your garage or in your driveway whenever possible.
• Do not leave valuables (GPS Units, MP3 Players, laptops, money, etc.) visible in your vehicle.
• Never leave any personal information in your vehicle such as the vehicle title, registration, or insurance.
• Residents should avoid leaving their vehicles running unattended even for a short period.
• Be aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts.
Dearborn residents can report all suspicious activity
anonymously by calling 313-943-3030.