1. What instrument was the carol “Silent Night” first played on?
2. Electric Christmas-tree lights were first used in what year?
3. Good King Wenceslas was king of what country?
4. In North America, children put stockings out at Christmastime. What do their Dutch counterparts use?
5. The poinsettia, a traditional Christmas flower, originally grew in what country?
6. In Syria, who traditionally distributed Christmas gifts?
7. In Tchaikovsky’s ballet “The Nutcracker,” who is the nutcracker’s main enemy?
8. What popular Christmas song was actually written for Thanksgiving?
9. What is the day after Christmas known as?
10. When visiting Finland, Santa leaves his sleigh behind and rides on what animal?
6. The Wise Men’s camels
7. The King of the Mice
8. Jingle Bells
9. Boxing Day
10. A goat
© 2013 King Features Synd. Inc.