1. MOVIES: In a prank that went awry, what famous Hollywood producer accidentally got stuck in the mouth of the “Jaws” mechanical shark?
2. TELEVISION: What spinoff comedy show spawned the spinoff sitcom “Good Times” in the 1970s?
3. GEOGRAPHY: Where is the Ruhr region located?
4. MYTHOLOGY: What was the name of the country ruled by Midas, the king with “the golden touch”?
5. FAMOUS QUOTATIONS: What 19th-century author said, “The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation”?
6. SCIENCE: What is the third most common element in the Earth’s atmosphere by percentage, after nitrogen and oxygen?
7. MUSIC: What is the national anthem of the United Kingdom?
8. LITERATURE: In which of Shakespeare’s plays do the characters of Beatrice and Benedick appear?
9. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: What was the name of the single “supercontinent” from which modern-day continents are believed to have formed?
10. ASTRONOMY: Which planet’s two moons are named Phobos and Deimos?
1. George Lucas
2. “Maude,” which was a spinoff of “All in the Family”
5. Henry David Thoreau
7. “God Save the Queen” (or “King”)
8. “Much Ado About Nothing”
© 2014 King Features Synd., Inc.