DEARBORN — Fifty-One O One – the student-run restaurant at Henry Ford College – will reopen for the fall 2014 semester at 11:30 a.m. Sept. 17.
The restaurant is open Tuesday through Thursday during the Fall 2014 semester. Lunch is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. dinner is from 6 to 7:45 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. A cash bar featuring beer and wine is available only during the dinner hours.
Reservations are requested. For more information and to make reservations, call 313-206-5101.
The restaurant is in the Student & Culinary Arts Center on the main campus, 5101 Evergreen.
To mark the new season, the restaurant will feature a southern Italian-themed menu: filet mignon, char-grilled chicken Caesar wrap, apple cranberry chicken, shrimp Alfredo, chicken and artichoke pomodoro, pollo a la Erbe (boneless chicken breast stuffed with prosciutto ham), lasagna al forgo, gnocchi al pesto, cotoletto di maiale (grilled pork chop), cioppino (sautéed Pacific cod), soup and sandwich special (broiled swordfish sandwich), Asian “sizzling shrimp” salad, and lighter fare (sandwiches and salads served with a cup of soup du jour).
The salad bar will include: mixed greens salad, pickled and fresh vegetables, coleslaw, assorted relish tray and house-made dressings. There also will be an assortment of desserts.
Each week, the restaurant will present a particular theme. The schedule is:
• Week of Sept. 17: Southern Italian.
• Week of Sept. 22: Cuisine of the Deep South.
• Week of Sept. 29: Premium Steakhouse.
• Week of Oct. 6: Flavors of Key West.
• Week of Oct. 13: Country French.
• Week of Oct. 20: Polish/Central European.
• Week of Oct. 27: Cuisine of the Midwest.
• Week of Nov. 3: Northern Italian.
• Week of Nov. 10: Contemporary French.
• Week of Nov. 17: Cuisine of New England.
• Week of Nov. 24: Greek Café.
• Week of Dec. 1: Cuisine of the Pacific Northwest.
Special dates will be:
• Oct. 8: Oktoberfest Buffet ($14 per person).
• Nov. 6: Wild Game Scholarship Dinner ($45 per person — go to www.henryfordculinary.com for further information).
• Nov. 19: Holiday Buffet ($16 per person).
To view the weekly menu and other special offers, go to http://5101.hfcc.edu.
“Fifty-One O One has changed a lot in the last nine months,” HFC Chef de Cuisine Joseph E. Cosenza said. “We took the look and feel of the dining room and made it more casual; it’s fine dining in a casual atmosphere, which is a trend in metro Detroit.
“Our food is produced at a high level of quality. Each dish is prepared a la minute – which means right that minute – by students and is served by students who are given guidance by chef instructors. It’s 100 percent run by students.”