DEARBORN — The Henry Ford College Office of Career Services will host its third annual Career Expo from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 10 in the Student Activities Building on the main campus, 5101 Evergreen.
The exposition is free and open to the public.
Chad Austin, HFC Career Services officer, said the goal is to encourage a large number of employers to attend the Career Expo. To date, more than 40 employers have confirmed their attendance at the expo, including Beaumont Health Systems, Busch’s Fresh Food Markets, Charter One Bank, the Dearborn Police Department, the Detroit Police Department, First Place Service Group, Harvard Resource Solutions, Kelly Services, Olympia Entertainment, Rainbow Rehabilitation Services and Reliance One.
“HFC programs and students are sought after by employers in a wide variety of areas,” Austin said. “Employers know that if you graduate from a program here that you can jump right in and get to work for them,”
Austin said the advantages the Career Expo gives employers include:
· Sheer numbers: Employers can easily connect with a large number of potential employees.
· Program access: Every program of study at HFC will be made aware of the Career Expo and all students will be encouraged to attend by faculty.
· Diverse talents: HFC has more than 12,000 students and more than 100 programs of study.
· Open to all: The Career Expo will be open to the public.
· Promotional opportunities: Get your company message out to the Dearborn and Detroit communities.
· Publicity: This event will be well publicized through traditional and social media platforms.
“This event will provide employers the chance to get their message and employment opportunities out to the Dearborn, Detroit and entire southeast Michigan communities in a fun and exciting venue,” Austin said.
People actively seeking a job should finalize their résumé before the Career Expo and take several copies with them. The Career Services Office can help potential employees polish their résumé as well. Professional dress is recommended. Those who arrive dressed in jeans, T-shirts, and any other non-professional attire will not be admitted.
For questions or further information, contact the OCS at 313-845-9618 or via email at [email protected].