DEARBORN – Workshops for the city’s proposed Fiscal Year 2016 budget recently were updated.
Workshops between Mayor John O’Reilly Jr. and the City Council will focus on a variety of topics related to the 2016 fiscal year budget, which begins July 1 and ends June 30, 2016. Meetings are open to the public.
Public hearing and budget adoption meetings, which have not yet been scheduled, will follow the workshops.
All budget workshops will be at 6 p.m. in Council Conference Room 1A of the Dearborn Administrative Center, 16901 Michigan Ave. Enter through the West Entrance.
The updated schedule with topics is:
• April 14: Parking, downtown clean-up efforts.
• April 20: Infrastructure.
• April 27: Library and Historical Museum.
• May 4: Neighborhood services, rental property update, enforcement of commercial property enforcement, demolition budgets, review of potential outsourcing of some building and safety functions.
• May 6: Swimming pools, potential plans for specific city-owned property.
• May 11: TBD.
The schedule will be updated with topics and any date changes at www.cityofdearborn.org in the Transparency section. All documents for the 2016 budget discussion will also be posted there as they become available.