DEARBORN — Henry Ford College’s student-run restaurant, which opened last week, announced its schedule for the remainder of the semester.
Fifty-One O One is in the Culinary and Students Arts Center on the main campus, 5101 Evergreen.
In addition to the everyday menu featuring homemade pastas, hand-cut steaks and chicken, the college’s chefs and students will prepare and present cuisines from different regions here and abroad.
The schedule for the rest of the semester is:
• Week of Feb. 13: Cuisine of the Deep South.
• Week of Feb. 20: Country French.
• Week of Feb. 27: Polish/Central Europe.
• Week of March 13: Imperial Gastropub.
• Week of March 20: Flavors of Key Wes.
• Week of March 27: Northern Italian.
• Week of April 3: Contemporary French.
• Week of April 10: Greek Café.
• Week of April 17: Cuisine of the Pacific Northwest.
The restaurant will be closed the week of March 6 when the college closes for spring break.
• Feb. 15: Seafood Buffet ($15.95 per person).
• March 15: St Patrick’s Day Buffet ($14 per person).
• April 20: Courses XII Scholarship Dinner ($45 per person — go to www.henryfordculinary.com for more information).
“Affordable pricing for gourmet cuisine creates an opportunity for the community to participate in culinary education at HFC,” said Eric Gackenbach, academic coordinator of HFC’s Culinary Arts & Hotel/Restaurant Management. “Guests are ‘in the lab’ with the students as they practice the art, craft and business of hospitality.”
The restaurant is open for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during the Winter 2017 semester. Dinner hours are 6 to 7:45 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday.
Reservations are recommended. To make reservations at the restaurant or for further information, call 313-206-5101 or go to www.henryfordculinary.com.