DEARBORN – The City Beautiful Commission, recognizing especially well-kept and beautiful properties, announced this year’s Residential Standard of Excellence honorees.
The 2018 honorees are:
• Mahmoud & Rola Dabaja, 5 Morross Court.
• Hassan Osman, 7024 Ternes St.
• Mr. & Mrs. Sam Saad, 7800 Manor St.
• Samia & Nidal Makki, 6440 Oakman Blvd.
• Joann Naumoff, 4815 Ternes St.
• Mary Muscat Motowski, 14371 Robertson St.
• Eugene & Diane Stassen, 3356 Eastham Road.
• The Zahr Family, 155 Golfcrest Drive.
• Michael & Christie Wilson, 22726 Nona St.
• Tom & Janice Hatch, 2021 Pelham St.
• Tim & Kim Clabuesch, 1105 N. Vernon St.
• Raymond & Charlotte Greco, 406 Berkley St.
• Edward Zawacki & Rose Trupiano, 19050 Outer Drive.
• Roberta Stuart, 24934 Chicago St.
• William (Bob) and Elaine Schnieders, 22850 Alexandrine St.
• John & Joyce Riffey, 3624 Vassar St.
• Sonya Teper, 3523 Hipp St.
DEARBORN PRIDE AWARD 2018:
• Dearborn Fire Station No. 2 19800 W. Outer Drive.
Each year volunteer City Beautiful commissioners, working under the auspices of Property Maintenance & Development Services Department, appraise the city’s neighborhoods looking for exemplary stewardship of residential properties. Winners are selected from 17 districts created by City Beautiful to ensure all parts of Dearborn are represented.
One of this year’s honorees, Bob Schnieders, shared his family’s motivation for taking special care with their property.
“We have a great deal of respect for the house because Henry Ford’s sister-in-law was the original owner,” said Schnieders of his family’s home on Alexandrine Street. “There’s just a lot of history there.
“When our kids were younger, they helped a lot more with the yard work but now it’s just us on the weekends. We’ve lived there for 30 years, and we’re just delighted to have the award.”
Rola Dabaja of Morross Court also is committed to maintaining her property for the betterment of Dearborn. She said she gardens “to keep our community beautiful.”
And she also loves being surrounded by all her flowers as she sits on her front porch.
“I feel like I’m in heaven,” she said.
The awardees will be recognized in a City Beautiful ceremony on Oct. 3 at 6:30 p.m. at the Dearborn Administrative Center, 16901 Michigan Ave. Residents are encouraged to take a drive to see these outstanding properties soon to enjoy a seasonal view.