DEARBORN – Because of ongoing renovations at Henry Ford Centennial Library, business hours at the Bryant and the Esper branch libraries have been extended to meet customers’ needs.
The branches operate from 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
Beginning Oct. 6, Bryant and Esper libraries will be open on Sundays from 1 to 5 p.m. This will continue through 2019.
Bryant is at 22100 Michigan Ave. and Esper is at 12929 W. Warren.
Book sales, lectures postponed until February 2020
In addition, Friends of the Library Dearborn has postponed its monthly book sale fundraisers until February.
The book sale schedule will resume Feb. 5. The remainder of 2020 book sale dates is available on the library website, dearbornlibrary.org.
In addition, the FOLD program series typically held on the first Tuesday of fall and winter months at 7 p.m. will be postponed until Feb. 4.
About the renovation project
Library officials regret the temporarily closure of HFCL, but the renovations are extensive and will result in an improved experience for library patrons. The re-opening is estimated for late fall, early winter.
The project includes:
• Installation of a new energy-efficient heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system.
• Replacement of existing lights with energy-efficient lighting.
• Renovation of the second floor restrooms.
• Renovation of the east side of the mezzanine, which will include a conference room, several group study rooms, a makerspace, a computer lab, a digitization lab and four single-person study booths.
• Reorganization of the second floor layout.
• Installation of additional electrical outlets.
• Installation of new carpeting.
• Replacement of the wallpaper.
• Creation of a first floor snack lounge with vending machines.
Funds to support the HVAC renovation and replacement of existing lighting were made available through a bond sale. Library Capital Improvement Project money will support all additional improvements.
More information and updates
Check the library website regularly at dearbornlibrary.org for further updates about the renovation, as well as programming information.