Looking to fill permanent positions for various roles within department
Wayne County Department of Public Services will host a job fair to fill nearly 40 positions from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 16 at the Sibley Maintenance Yard, 21300 Sibley, Brownstown.
Job seekers will receive on-the-spot interviews, and candidates chosen to move forward will begin the necessary paperwork that can lead to employment. Non-violent felons are welcomed to interview. Interviews will be conducted for the following positions:
· Public Service Maintenance Workers
· Equipment Repair Specialists
· Project Supervisors
· Tree Trimmers
Public Service Maintenance Workers must have a high school diploma, and a commercial driver’s license with airbrake (A) and tanker (N) endorsements. Applicants will be accepted who can obtain the (N) endorsement within 90 days of employment.
Equipment Repair Specialists must meet the following:
· Have certification in five Automobile or Heavy Truck Mechanic licensing areas (State of Michigan or Automotive Service Excellence).
· Valid driver’s license with acceptable safe driving record with less than seven points.
· If not Master Mechanic certified, the applicant must become certified within five months of employment.
· Two years of full-time paid experience in the repair and maintenance of a variety of automobiles and heavy equipment, training at a certified technical school which provides in-class, hands-on training may be counted as experience.
Electricians must meet the following:
· A valid journeyman or master electrician’s license from the city of Detroit or a reciprocating municipality, and at least two years of full-time paid experience as a licensed electrician.
· A valid driver’s license with a CDL A & N endorsement
To find out more about open positions in Wayne County, go to www.waynecounty.com.