DEARBORN – The public is invited to attend workshops in March, April and May in which the City Council will discuss the proposed budget for fiscal year 2022.
The proposed FY22 budget covers July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022.
Traditionally, multiple meetings take place between the administration and the City Council prior to the public hearing and public adoption of the budget.
Budget workshops are set for 6:30 p.m.
The remaining dates and topics are:
• April 6: Proposed Budget Overview.
• April 12: Police and Fire.
• April 21: Department of Public Works.
• April 28: Property Maintenance and Development Services.
• April 29: Museum, Clerk, and Legal.
• May 4: Court, Recreation, and Department of Public Information.
• May 10: Downtown Dearborn Development Authorities, Component Units, and Libraries.
• May 24: Wrap-Up.
Topics, dates, and times are subject to change.
Locations for the meetings are still to be determined, and may also be held virtually depending on public health circumstances.
The schedule of sessions will be updated at www.cityofdearborn.org in the Transparency section. Documents related to the proposed FY2022 budget will be continually posted on the website as they become available.
The budget must be approved by the City Council before the new fiscal year begins.