TRENTON — A barricaded gunman who allegedly threatened his girlfriend surrendered to police after about a 14-hour standoff, police said.
Police were contacted just before 11:30 a.m. July 12, by the woman — a 35-year-old Detroit resident — saying that she had been involved in an argument with her boyfriend, 52, who had a handgun.
The woman was able to flee the house in the 3300 block of Van Horn and speak with officers outside, while the man remained inside, police said.
Eventually, officers were able to contact the man by phone. About 1:13 a.m, he voluntarily exited the house and surrendered to police.
The man is in police custody. The case will be forwarded to the Wayne County Prosecutor’s office to determine charges.
(Zeinab Najm can be reached at [email protected].)