DEARBORN – Dearborn Public Library will host a dementia education class from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 13 in the auditorium of Henry Ford Centennial Library, 16301 Michigan Ave. Registration is not required.
This free educational class, presented by Bickford Home Care of Wayne County, is for family and friends to better understand the effects dementia can have on themselves and their loved ones.
Topics covered include:
• Dementia stages and recommended care
• Community resources
• Helpful communication tools
• Importance of caregiver health
• Tips to avoid combative behavior
• Safety measures to place in home
More information can be found at dearbornlibrary.org or by calling 313-943-2330. Follow the Dearborn Public Library on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to learn about other upcoming programs and virtual events.