By Fifi Rodriguez
1. GEOGRAPHY: What is the largest desert in the world, outside of polar regions?
2. MATH: What is the square root of 256?
3. HISTORY: During the Great Depression of the 1930s, what were the makeshift camps of homeless people called?
4. PERSONALITIES: What 1980s fitness entrepreneur wrote the “Never-Say-Diet Book”?
5. MOVIES: Who was originally cast to play Inspector Clouseau in “The Pink Panther”?
6. FIRSTS: In what year were women officially allowed to run in the Boston Marathon?
7. GEOGRAPHY: Where is the headquarters of NATO located?
8. LITERATURE: Which famous artist served as a correspondent for Harpers’ Weekly magazine during the Civil War?
9. TELEVISION: What television sitcom family lived at 1313 Mockingbird Lane?
10. U.S. PRESIDENTS: Who served as the 16th president of the United States?
1. The Sahara Desert in North Africa
3. Hoovervilles (named after President Hoover)
4. Richard Simmons
5. Peter Ustinov, who dropped out. The lead role went to Peter Sellers.
7. Brussels, Belgium
8. Winslow Homer
9. “The Munsters”
10. Abraham Lincoln
© 2009 King Features Synd., Inc.