By Fifi Rodriguez
1. GEOGRAPHY: What is the tallest mountain in Western Europe?
2. LANGUAGE: What does the Latin phrase “in media res” mean?
3. FAMOUS QUOTATIONS: What famous writer said, “I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me”?
4. AD SLOGANS: What products were sold with the advertising slogan, “Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t”?
5. MUSIC: In musical notation, what does it mean to play notes in a “staccato” style?
6. U.S. PRESIDENTS: What was the Secret Service’s code name for John F. Kennedy?
7. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: How many official languages does the United Nations have?
8. PSYCHOLOGY: People who suffer from misopedia have an abnormal dislike of what?
9. TELEVISION: Which actress, upon winning an Emmy for best supporting role, shouted “This is for all the fat girls”?
10. MEDICAL TERMS: What is the common name for monochromatism?
1. Mont Blanc
2. In the middle of things
3. Hunter S. Thompson
4. Mounds and Almond Joy candy bars
5. Playing crisp, disconnected notes
7. Six (English, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, French and Russian)
9. Camryn Manheim of “The Practice”
10. Complete color blindness
© 2009 King Features Synd., Inc.