DEARBORN, Mich. – The newest edition of the program Meet Your Council is now airing on CDTV, the City of Dearborn’s government cable television channel.
CDTV is on channels 12 on Comcast and on Channel 10 on WOW! Meet Your Council airs at the following days and times:
· Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9 a.m., 1 p.m., 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
· Tuesday and Thursday at 6 a.m., 10 a.m., 2 p.m., 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.
· Saturday and Sunday at 7 a.m., 11 a.m., 3 p.m., 7 p.m. and 11 p.m.
You can also view many CDTV programs, including this one, online anytime at www.cityofdearborn.org.
The new edition of Meet Your Council features these items:
· Council President Tom Tafelski introduces us to Census 2010. Details come from co-founder and president of the Piast Institute, Dr. Thaddeus C. Radzilowski.
· Council President Pro Tem Suzanne Sareini highlights the Right to Thrive: Mothers and Infants Summit. Hosted by Child’s Hope, the event was held at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. Her guests include: Rachel Reading – Program Manager, IMPACT, Elaine Koons – Community Liaison Great Start Collaborative Wayne and Tahira Khalid – Clinical Therapist, Healthy Start.
· Councilman George Darany follows Operation Dough-Nation. The story of Panera Bread’s give-back to the community is told through the eyes of: Mark Sliwa – General Manager, Panera Bread Dearborn, Roxanne McDonald – First Baptist Church Food Donation Volunteer and representatives from the City of Dearborn Senior Services.
· Councilman Mark Shooshanian visits Salon West. The proprietor Christine Marroquin elaborates on her services and wellness concept.
· Councilman Robert Abraham takes us on a journey through the Elmobility Room. Sesame Street, the American Legion and Michigan Military Moms came together to create a safe and fun place of retreat for youngsters of military families. Featured on the segment are Gary Tanner – Reconnect Committee Chairman/The American Legion Department of Michigan and Maureen VanHooser – Adjutant of the Michigan Military Moms.
· Councilman Brian O’Donnell encourages residents to stop by one of Dearborn’s newest businesses, Deli On the Avenue. Owner Vicki Barndollar and employee Heather VanOast provide details.
· Councilwoman Nancy Hubbard rounds out the program with a stop at the award-winning Metro Home Health Care. The Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Agustin V. Arbulu offers information for those considering this necessary and popular health option.