No household hazardous wastes accepted in Dearborn
Wayne County is sponsoring household hazardous waste days for county residents.
Proof of Wayne County residency is required.
The Wayne County Household Hazardous Waste Collection dates and sites are:
• March 27, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m., at Redford Public Services, 12200 Beech Daly Road, Redford.
• June 26, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Huron High School, 32044 Huron River Drive, New Boston Township.
Wayne County will accept the following types of items (partial list):
• Antifreeze, motor oil, gasoline, propane tanks
• Automotive batteries and dry cell batteries, fluorescent bulbs (all types)
• CFL light bulbs (which contain mercury)
• Computer CPUs, monitors, printers, scanners, keyboards, mice
• Cell phones, fax machines, copiers, and televisions
• Fertilizer, lawn and garden chemicals, pesticides
• Fire extinguishers, smoke detectors
• Floor wax, floor care products, carpet cleaner
• Furniture polish, bathroom cleaners, stain removers, solvents
• Household paints
• Mercury thermometers, thermostats and elemental mercury
• Pharmaceutical waste (non-controlled substances only)
Items that will not be accepted by Wayne County include: commercial waste, industrial waste, radioactive material, explosives, ammunition, 55-gallon drums, shock sensitive materials, household trash, refrigerators, microwaves or other appliances, tires, yard waste, roofing shingles and concrete.
For more information, contact the Wayne County Department of Public Services at (734) 326-3936.