As homeowners, we tend to use a wide variety of tools to accomplish a lot of different tasks. Today, I’d like to tell you what I consider to be the “aspirin of all tools.” What am I referring to? My personal favorite: WD-40.
Unlike conventional tools, this one isn’t made of steel that can rust away. As a matter of fact, it prevents rust. There are only about 2,000 things that this handy little tool can do, so we’d better get started.
This little can of liquid gold can;
• Remove hard water spots from mirrors.
• Remove tea stains from counter tops.
• Prevent rust on most anything metal.
• Lubricate hinges and latches on anything.
• Remove grease from tools and grease stains on almost anything.
• Remove crayon stains on TV screens.
• Remove doggie doo from tennis shoes.
• Clean lime stains from toilet bowls.
• Eliminate all kinds of squeaking noises.
• Lubricate heat register vent covers.
• Unfreeze door locks in the wintertime.
Now, this may have seemed like a commercial for WD-40, but it is truly an amazing tool. You can even download a list of the 2,000 things it does right from www.wd40.com.
I recommend you keep a can or two handy at all times. It can help keep your home healthy and safe!
Joel Wensley is a licensed mechanical contractor in the state of Michigan, a WJBK-TV Fox2 Detroit news contributor and president of Mechanical Heating & Cooling in Dearborn Heights.