By Fifi Rodriguez
1. U.S. PRESIDENTS: During which president’s administration was the Thanksgiving holiday officially declared to be the fourth Thursday in November?
2. FOOD & DRINK: In the preparation of food, what is a garde-manger?
3. GEOGRAPHY: What body of water does the Danube River flow into?
4. ADVERTISING CHARACTERS: What was the name of the grocery-store manager who told customers: “Please don’t squeeze the Charmin” bathroom tissue?
5. TELEVISION: What the name of Radar O’Reilly’s hometown in the TV show “M*A*S*H”?
6. POLITICS: “Wobblies” belong to what group established in the early 20th century?
7. RELIGION: What group of people celebrated the ancient holiday of Samhain, which later became Halloween?
8. LANGUAGE: What is something that can be described as “quadripartite”?
9. ANIMAL KINGDOM: What about the Basenji dog makes it unique?
10. HISTORY: What was the name of the German mercenaries who fought for the British in the Revolutionary War?
1. Franklin D. Roosevelt
2. A cook who specializes in preparing cold salads, meat or fish
3. Black Sea
4. George Whipple
5. Ottumwa, Iowa
6. Industrial Workers of the World
7. Gaelic cultures
8. Divided into four parts
9. It doesn’t bark
© 2010 King Features Synd., Inc.