By Chris Richcreek
1. U.S. PRESIDENTS: Which U.S. president served the shortest term?
2. FAMOUS QUOTATIONS: Who said, “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please”?
3. SCIENCE: What is the science of classifying things called?
4. MATH: How many zeroes are in 1 billion?
5. HISTORY: When was Andrew Young appointed as Ambassador to the United Nations?
6. LANGUAGE: What does it mean when someone “bloviates”?
7. COMPETITIONS: How long is the Tour de France bicycle race?
8. HISTORY: Who was the first female justice to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court?
9. MOVIES: Who was the oldest performer to receive an Oscar for Best Actor?
10. TELEVISION: Which Muppet character lives in the garbage can on “Sesame Street”?
1. William Harrison (He served only one month in office.)
2. Mark Twain
6. Speaks pompously or verbosely
7. 23 days covering about 2,200 miles
8. Sandra Day O’Connor
9. Henry Fonda (He was 76 when he won for his performance in “On Golden Pond.”)
10. Oscar the Grouch
© 2010 King Features Synd., Inc.