By Fifi Rodriguez
1. ADVERTISEMENTS: What was the name of the finicky eater in the Nine Lives cat-food commercials?
2. LITERATURE: Who is the author of the best-seller “Roots”?
3. TELEVISION: What was the setting for the “I Dream of Jeannie” TV show?
4. GEOGRAPHY: What was the Netherlands’ basic currency before it adopted the euro?
5. ABBREVIATED TITLES: What is an M.P.?
6. ARCHITECTURE: Who designed St. Paul’s Cathedral in London?
7. HOLIDAYS: What holiday is celebrated on July 14?
8. MOVIES: In “Forrest Gump,” what was the nickname of Forrest’s best friend in the Army?
9. ASTRONOMY: What is the first planet beyond Saturn in our solar system?
10. MEASUREMENTS: What does the Mercalli Scale measure?
2. Alex Haley
3. Cocoa Beach, Florida
4. The guilder
5. Member of Parliament
6. Sir Christopher Wren
7. Bastille Day
10. Intensity of earthquakes
© 2010 King Features Synd., Inc.