By Fifi Rodriguez
1. LANGUAGE: What is the meaning of the Latin phrase “amor vincit omnia”?
2. ANATOMY: What is the smallest bone in the human body?
3. LITERATURE: Who wrote the novel “Love in the Time of Cholera”?
4. ANIMAL KINGDOM: How long does it take a cheetah to achieve its top speed of 70 mph?
5. SCIENCE: What is the chemical symbol for potassium?
6. FAMOUS QUOTATIONS: Who once said, “A girl must marry for love, and keep on marrying until she finds it”?
7. HISTORY: What was the only part of the British Commonwealth occupied by Germany during World War II?
8. MYTHOLOGY: What was the Greek goddess Chloris’ sphere of influence?
9. GEOGRAPHY: What is the largest reservoir in the U.S.?
10. MATH: Of the numbers 1-10, which is the only one spelled with the same number of letters as the number itself?
1. Love conquers all
2. The stirrup bone (stapes) in the ear (about one-tenth of an inch)
3. Gabriel Garc’a Marquez
4. Three seconds from a standstill
5. K (kalium)
6. Zsa Zsa Gabor
7. The Channel Islands (Jersey)
8. Goddess of flowers
9. Lake Mead, created by Hoover Dam
© 2010 King Features Synd., Inc.