DEARBORN — The Historical Museum will host Fall Into Dearborn on from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the McFadden-Ross House, 915 Brady S. Brady.
The day-long event has activities for the entire family and includes an antiques appraisal clinic, held every year with Du Mouchelle Art Galleries.
Families can enjoy a Civil War encampment; pumpkin carving (for small fee); animal demonstrations by Troy-based Reptile Education Programs to Increase Learning Excitement Inc.; music by Peter Madcat Ruth; and magic and puppets.
The antiques appraisal clinic will operate on a first-come, first-served basis from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with registration ending at 3:30 p.m.
Robert Du Mouchelle from Du Mouchelle Art Galleries will evaluate antiques and collectibles. The cost for appraisal is $10 per item, with a limit of five hand-carried items per person. (Musical instruments, furniture or weapons will not be appraised.)
The clinic is sponsored by the Museum Guild of Dearborn with proceeds to be used for museum restoration projects.
Other activities will include:
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. — Civil War encampment with the Sons of Union Veterans
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. — Pumpkin carving (small fee)
• 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. — R.E.P.T.I.L.E. Inc., an educational presentation on reptiles
• 11:30 to 12:30 p.m. — Music with Peter Madcat Ruth
• 12:30 to 1:30 — Magic and puppets with Amazing Clark
• 2 to 3 p.m. — Music with Peter Madcat Ruth
• 3 to 4 p.m. — R.E.P.T.I.L.E. Inc.
• 4 to 5 p.m. — Magic and puppets with Amazing
For information about Fall Into Dearborn or the antiques appraisal clinic, call (313) 565.3000.