By Fifi Rodriguez
1. FAMOUS QUOTATIONS: Who once said, “He who laughs last has not yet heard the bad news”?
2. MONEY: What is the basic unit of currency in India?
3. LANGUAGE: What does the Latin term “gratis” mean?
4. MEASUREMENTS: A year must be divisible by what number to be a leap year?
5. GOVERNMENT: Who was the first black female U.S. senator?
6. EXPLORERS: Who was the first European explorer to see the eastern part of the Pacific Ocean (1513), after crossing the Isthmus of Panama?
7. ANCIENT WORLD: What were the common people of ancient Rome called?
8. GEOGRAPHY: What is the capital of Lithuania?
9. SCIENCE: What is the name of the historical period in which dinosaurs lived?
10. MYTHOLOGY: What was Pygmalion’s profession?
1. Bertolt Brecht
2. The rupee
3. Without payment
5. Carole Moseley Braun
6. Vasco Nunez de Balboa
© 2012 King Features Synd., Inc.