By Fifi Rodriguez
1. CHEMISTRY: What two elements are combined to make bronze?
2. MEASUREMENTS: How many furlongs are in a mile?
3. HISTORY: What was the first permanent English settlement in America?
4. ANATOMY: In which part of the body would you find the metatarsal bones?
5. GEOGRAPHY: In which city would you find the famous Carnaby Street?
6. LANGUAGE: What common item used to be known as “India rubber”?
7. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: What does the Apgar Scale measure?
8. U.S. PRESIDENTS: Who was the only U.S. president to be sworn into office by his father?
9. SPORTS: Who was the first person officially to run a mile in less than 4 minutes?
10. ANIMAL KINGDOM: Which species of big cat cannot retract its claws?
1. Copper and tin
3. Jamestown, Va.
4. The foot
6. An eraser
7. Newborns’ conditions
8. Calvin Coolidge
9. Roger Bannister
© 2012 King Features Synd., Inc.